Daisy the Sheep
- Skill level
Have you already prepared Christmas and New Year presents? :)
As 2015 is going to be a year of Sheep. Cute Daisy the sheep can make a perfect present!
Legs with pipe cleaners inside allow her to sit in lots of different positions that gives her more alive and cute look :)
I added a lot of photos and instructions to make it more pleasant and easy to follow. The pattern is written in USA Terminology.
- sheep pattern
- pipe cleaner leg tutorial
- bead-eyes instructions
- 2 options for ears
- headphones pattern
- daisy flower pattern (big and small) and grass meadow pattern
It takes me 4 hours to crochet one such sheep.
- The sheep is 4 inches high
- The pattern is in 9 pages
- Legs are with chenille stems inside (The pattern includes the tutorial)
- beige parts are crocheted right side out, fluffy parts are crocheted wrong side out
- the pattern olso includes instructions about nose embroidery and sewing beads for eyes
You can get my help in crocheting regardless from when you have bought the pattern.
If you have lost the file or delated it just contact me and I'll be happy to resend it to you.
- Any fluffy bulky-weight yarn for the head and body and hook size that matches the yarn.
For green sheep I used eyelashed Yarn Art Samba and B-1 hook 2.25 mm.
- Beige DK-weight yarn and smaller hook size
The sheep in the photos are crocheted with acrylic 300 m in 100 g yarn, and steel hook #4 1.25 mm
- Toy stuffing (polyester fiberfill)
- Yarn needle to sew parts of the toy
- 2 black beads for eyes (I use 6 mm glass beads), a long thin needle and strong black thread to sew them
(I sew eyes with black DMC Perle Cotton #8 in two strands)
- Brown embroidery floss in 6 strands for the nose (DMC 3862)
- 2 chenille stems – 6 mm wide and 30 cm long (or pipe cleaners).
- A little of white and yellow thin yarn for daisies
(I use either 6 strand embroidery floss or DMC Perle
- Grey and black DK-weight yarn for headphones