- Skill level
Monkey the Magician is playful and cheerful monkey that loves pranks and tricks! :)
The toy is with wireframe inside that allows it to sit and stand in different positions. You can take the hat and cloak off or putt them on. The Monkey can easily hide inside the big hat. Your kids will love playing with him!
The pattern is in English in USA terminology.
The Monkey pattern includes: monkey, two hats (big and small), clock, magic wand.
- the toy is 25 cm high (the size can differ depending on the yarn you choose
- the pattern is in pdf, 19 pages
- English language, USA terminology
- the toy is crocheted in rounds right side out and wrong side out
- you will needd to use crab stitch to crochet around the hats and the cloak
- the pattern includes stem frame tutorial
You can get my help in crocheting regardless from when you have bought the pattern.
If you have lost the file or delated it just contact me and I'll be happy to resend it to you.
- Light Worsted yarn. Colors: brown, beige, black, red, yellow and white.
- 2 hooks of different sizes. One hook size that matches the yarn and the second bigger hook to crochet with double yarn (big hat). If you are not going to make a big hat you will need only one hook.
I crochet with 100% acrylic yarn 300m in 100g with 1.5mm steel Clover Amour hook and #C 2.75mm Clover Amour hook for double yarn. When crocheted with this yarn the Monkey is 25cm high.
- Polyester fiberfill.
- 2 black beads 6 mm in diameter. But it is better to pick up the beads size when the head is finished. Then you can choose which beads you like better. Beads can be replaced with safe eyes. But in this case you will need to attach them before stuffing and finishing the head.
- Thin black thread (about 1 m long) to embroider the mouth and sew the beads (I like to use DMC Perle Cotton #8) and long thin needle that is thin enough to go through the beads holes.
- Tapestry needle to sew parts of the toy.
- Bamboo chopstick to insert into the magic wand.
- 6 pieces of brown Chenille Stems (6 mm 30 cm).